- Public Safety
- Watertown Police Department
- Operations Bureau
Criminal Investigative Division
|The Criminal Investigation Division consists of 1 Sergeant, 4 Investigators, and 2 School Resource Officers. In addition, the Criminal Investigative Division consists of Sex Offender Registration and Compliance, the Crime Scene Team, Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC), the SWAT Team, Crime Prevention, Youth Programs, Alternative Courts, Background Investigations, and Fleet Maintenance. The Captain of Criminal Investigative Division reports directly to the Assistant Chief of Police.|
- Criminal Investigative Division - Our investigative division consists of four plain-clothes detectives that are supervised by a sergeant. The investigators specialize in specific areas such as general crimes, crimes against people, computer forensics, and narcotics investigations. The investigators conduct follow-up investigations into felony and misdemeanor crimes. Sex offender registration and compliance is completed by the Operations Bureau Secretary.
- School Resource Officer (SRO): Consists of sworn personnel designated as School Resource Officers who are responsible for the planning and performance of the objectives of the School Resource Officer program. The SROs are responsible for planning and coordinating youth programs to include Police Explorers, Camp Chance, and other special youth activities and events throughout the calendar year.
- Special Weapons And Tactics (SWAT) Team: Consists of personnel assembled from the sworn, civilian, and reserve ranks in response to tactical calls for service requiring unified tactical approaches as well as specialized equipment and skills. Team members include SWAT, Hostage Negotiators, Snipers, and Tactical Dispatch personnel.
- Crime Prevention and Crime Free Multi- Housing: Include the overall management, planning, coordination, tracking and delivery of programs and initiatives.
- Youth Programs and Camp Chance: Includes the delivery and management of the programs aimed at increasing positive interactions between police officers and young people.
- Drug Free, Alcohol Free, Safe and Healthy (DASH): A collection of programs whose purpose is to raise awareness for healthy youth initiatives in Watertown.
- Crime Scene Team - Specially trained members of the Watertown Police Department that are called upon to investigate crime scenes and gather evidence. They carry special equipment that allows them to identify evidence left
at a crime scene and special equipment to collect this evidence. In many cases evidence left at a crime scene may be not visible to the naked eye, or it may be very fragile or only available for a short time. These people must quickly identify this evidence and correctly collect it as to preserve its integrity for later use or testing and also properly document their actions for later challenges in court.
- Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) - The ICAC Task Force was created to help Federal, State and local law enforcement agencies enhance their investigative responses to offenders who use the Internet, online communication systems, or computer technology to sexually exploit children. The Program is funded by the United States Department of Justice, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention.
Office Specialist II