The Fire Prevention Division's main objective is fire prevention and awareness through a proactive approach to fire and life safety. This is accomplished through
- Enforcement of Fire, Building, and the Life Safety Code
- Investigating of fires for cause and origin
- Fire and Life safety inspections
- Certificate of occupancy inspections
- Plan review of all new construction
- Witnessing the testing of all fire and life safety systems such as fire alarms, emergency lighting, sprinklers, etc.
- Public education and fire safety awareness programs.
Please follow the tabs to the left to navigate the Prevention website. You will find the following ordinance's the City of Watertown has adopted: Open Burn, Fireworks, and Fire Prevention and Protection. Any Questions please contact the Fire Marshal Adam Bloom at 605-882-3368 or email at email@example.com