School Resource Officers
|The School Resource Officer program is a cooperative effort between schools and law enforcement to provide a safe school environment, where students can learn free from physical and mental intimidation. The SROs help provide the opportunity to develop positive interaction between law enforcement officers and students. The WPD is happy to partner with the School District to provide two full-time officers to work in the Watertown High School and the Watertown Middle School.|
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Traffic enforcement before, during and after school.
- Working with school administrators to monitor the security of the school campus to include the parking lots.
- Assist with classroom presentations when practical.
- Investigate all child abuse and child neglect cases brought to their attention.
- Provide individual counseling to students on a variety of concerns with the assistance, when appropriate or mandated, of school personnel and parents.
- Speaker on Crime Prevention Issues
|The SROs also serve on the following committees:
|SRO Travis Gutzmer
| SRO Chad Stricherz