Galactic Family Celebration
Families are welcome to join us for celebration of a galaxy a long time ago and far, far away. Come dressed as your favorite hero or villain!
October 15, 2022
1:00pm Galactic Story Time with Miss Sarah
1:30-4:30pm Movie Double Feature
Door Prizes for Kids & Adults
NO REGISTRATION REQUIRED
Fall 2022/Spring 2023 LEGO Club (No registration required)
All Children are welcome to our free build events. No registration is required. Dates to be announced
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten (Birth - Kindergarten)
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten is a reading program designed to help parents prepare their children for kindergarten. The most effective way to get your child ready to learn is to read to them. To encourage you in that endeavor, you can sign up children ages Birth to beginning Kindergarten. There are two ways to participate, online or through paper logs. 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten is a year-round program. Your child can continue earning prizes for the program while participating in the yearly summer reading program. Register and Log Here
Story Time (Birth-Kindergarten)
Story time programs aim to instill a love of reading by encouraging parents and other special adults to read aloud to children. All children from ages Birth-Kindergarten are welcome to join in sessions. Activities may include sensory play, art, music and crafts. Remember: Talk, Sing, READ, Write, Play!
Registration is not required, please choose one session a week. Walk-ins are always welcome!
- Tuesdays 10:00am-10:45am (No registration required.)
- Tuesdays 11:00am-11:45am (No registration required.)
- Wednesdays 10:00am-10:45am (No registration required.)
- Wednesdays 11:00am-11:45am (No registration required.)
READ BY THE SLICE
Online reading program where kids earn free pizza from Dempsey's! Open to all children and teens, grades K-12. Register & log reading here.
After School Programs
Art Beats (No registration required.)
- Kids in Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grades are welcome to join Miss Sarah and Miss Deb to create their own art and explore their creativity.
- Mondays 4:00-4:45
- Click here to receive text updates about our weekly Art Beats class.
S.T.E.A.M. Team (No registration required.)
- Kids in 4th, 5th and 6th grades exploring Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math. We will read a monthly book together, and will delve into robots, coding and arts in the weekly group.
- Wednesdays 4:00-4:45
- Click here to receive text updates about our weekly S.T.E.A.M. Team class.
Resources From The South Dakota State Library:
|Book Flix||TrueFlix||World Book Kids||Primary Search||Middle Search Plus|
|Culture Grams||Explora Kids||Explora Teen||World Book Student||SIRS Discover|
|Humblebee’s Academy||World Book Dramatic Learning||Science Reference Center||SIRS Issues Researcher||World Book Early Learning|
Additional Sites, not all have been vetted by Librarians:
|Fun Brain||Literacy Center Education Network||Star Fall||Reading Rockets||South Dakota Step Ahead|
|Fun Gooms||PBS Kids||Story Place||Get Ready To Read||Kids Catalog|
|Learn For Good||Sesame Street||Common Sense Media||Day By Day VA||Reading is Fundamental|