- Dav Pilkey's Fun Friday videos feature read-alouds from his books as well as drawing lessons.
- Frozen's Josh Gad is reading books to kids on his Twitter account.
- Jim Gill sings A Soup Opera
- Join your favorite authors as they host story time on #OPERATIONSTORYTIME. Authors include Jan Brett, Susie Jaramillo, Sophie Blackall, Anica Mrose Rissi, Steven Weinberg, Shawn Harris, Molly Idle, Ame Dyckman, Eva Chen, Karen Romano Young, Dan Gutman, Dav Pilkey and Dolly Parton.
- Mo Willems, creator of the Pigeon, Elephant & Piggie and many more is sharing his daily lunch doodles on his site The Pigeon Presents.
- Pete the Cat's author, James Dean, is sharing live readings and drawing via Instagram.
- weareteachers.com has provided a list of authors sharing their stories. This list is a sorted collection with picture book authors, middle grade authors and young adult authors. Authors on the list include Mac Barnett, Oprah Winfrey, Kate Messner, David Shannon, Tony DiTerlizzi, Jeff Kinney, Jarrett Krosoczka, J.K. Rowling, John Green, Will Hobbs and many more! @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Descriptions are from websites and do not reflect the views of Watertown Regional Library staff.
- PenguinClassroom.com - free educator discussion guides, downloadable activities & more.
- 2Simple - contains thousands of opportunities for learning including open ended tools, spelling and grammar, math and cross curricular project work.
- AdmitHub - conversational AI in an easy-to-use platform
- ABC Mouse & Adventure Academy - ABCmouse, Adventure Academy, and ReadingIQ. Programs serve students in preschool/pre-k, elementary school, and middle school.
- ALBERT - a learning companion built on a simple idea: Students learn best by doing.
- Alchemie - integrates intuitive digital tools with cloud-sharing and real-time feedback
- Backpack Science - teach hands-on elementary science without the overwhelm
- Boardmaker - Free, printable activities for students in K-12.
- BookCreator App - Create. Read. Publish.
- BrainPop - Engaging learning games, animated movies, and activities.
- Breakout Edu - Immersive learning games platform that brings challenges of an escape room to the classroom.
- Buncee - Teachers can include text, video, audio, or even links to additional resources. Record your lesson using the video feature, or create an activity template for your student to complete at home.
- Century - Our vision is for every teacher and learner to have access to intelligent tools that help them succeed.
- CheckMath - Boost your math understanding by getting instant feedback on your work.
- CircleTime Fun - Kids classes from home. Watch on-demand or participate live.
- CiscoWebex - Content to support teachers and faculty to teach remotely, student and parent guides, and resources for IT to rapidly plan, deploy, and onboard users.
- CK-12 Foundation - founded with the mission to enable everyone to learn in his or her own way.
- ClassDojo - ClassDojo is on a mission to bring communities together and give them the tools, ideas, and energy to improve education for all kids
- Classroom Secrets - Each child can have their own individual logons (without the need of an email address) and can access our site anywhere, anytime and on any device.
- ClassHook - Easily find educational videos from TV shows and movies to use in your lessons
- Classtime - Driven by curiosity, impact, perseverance, and honor, we are deeply committed to delivering exceptional solutions to thousands of educators and students globally.
- CMU CS Academy - We provide free, online, interactive computer science curriculum for high schools that is engaging, creative, rigorous and fun.
- CommonLit - Nonprofit education technology organization dedicated to ensuring that all students, especially students in Title I schools, graduate with the reading, writing, communication, and problem-solving skills they need to be successful in college and beyond.
- Conjugemos - Hundreds of thousands of students a day to learn Spanish verbs.
- Coursera for Campus - Every course on Coursera is taught by top instructors from world-class universities and companies, so you can learn something new anytime, anywhere.
- Curriki - A community for teaching and learning. Share and explore high quality K-12 content
- Deck.Toys - Self-exploration at your students’ own pace allows ample practice for mastery of key concepts.
- DeltaMath - Video on multiple math topics
- Discovery Ed - Standards-aligned, digital curriculum resources and easy-to-use technology.
- Dyslexia Academy - Online dyslexia school of support for Parents, Teachers and Pupils.
- Ecoballot - Election software to help you do remote paperless elections.
- EdConnect - Video messaging tool that brings the classroom environment online, increasing student engagement and retention.
- Edmodo - We create technology, content and platforms that connect teachers, students and parents to each other and help all learners discover their passions and improve their skills.
- EdPuzzle - Easy-to-use platform allowing you to engage every student, one video at a time.
- Education Perfect - Library of curriculum-aligned lessons and assessments across the subject areas.
- Eduflow - Learning often happens in classrooms but it doesn’t have to. Use Eduflow to facilitate learning experiences no matter the context.
- Edulastic - Our mission is to help teachers teach, help students learn, and learn something ourselves every day.
- Edu-Together - Offers personalized online learning solutions to schools and individuals.
- Elementari - promotes arts, literacy, and computational thinking in an engaging and collaborative way. We want anyone, even kids, to be able to write and code interactive stories.
- Emile - The Emile range of resources has been developed by a group of teachers, academics and game developers.
- Epic! - Award-winning subscription service, which gives millions of families and classrooms instant, unlimited access to thousands of books, videos and quizzes from leading publishers to help kids everywhere read, learn and grow.
- EverFi - Provides students of all ages the critical skills that work and life demand.
- Explain Everything - Explain Everything is the fastest growing interactive whiteboard platform on the market and has been recognized for its excellence in the field by over a dozen organizations.
- Fiveable - Our goal is to create inclusive and social learning experiences where all students are invited to learn with us for free.
- Flipgrid - Social learning for PreK to PhD learners...and beyond!
- Fluency Matters - transforming world language education through acquisition driven materials and teacher training.
- Freckle - We provide teachers with the best differentiation platform so they can teach all of their students at the level that’s best for them.
- Free Math - Free Math is designed to work with any existing exercises from a book, worksheet or digital problem bank. Students copy problems into Free Math just as they would with a paper notebook, but does not solve problems automatically.
- Gamilab - Playing, hosting and creating great educational material; free for schools and individuals.
- Genially - Create stunning presentations, infographics and more in just seconds.
- GoGuardian - Provides device management solutions that keep students safer online and make teaching easier.
- Good2Learn - Math & English made easy
- Google for Edu - Preparing students to learn from home
- Gynzy - All-in-one educational software that combines standards-aligned lessons, bite-sized games & activities, and class management tools to unlock the potential of your Interactive Whiteboard.
- Hapara - Lets you view, organize and monitor digital learning. We are a premier partner of Google for Education.
- Hawkes Learning - If you are looking for an expedited way to deliver your courses digitally, Hawkes offers an easy-to-use automated homework and testing platform with premade course shells that can be ready in under an hour for online learners.
- HippoCampus - A free, core academic web site that delivers rich multimedia content--videos, animations, and simulations--on general education subjects to middle-school and high-school teachers and college professors, and their students, free of charge.
- Ideas Roadshow - Our wide array of resources have been carefully edited for different audiences, with separate portals developed for academics, the general public and high schools
- InThinking - Promotes and supports the development of high quality educational resources which incorporate cutting-edge ideas, encourage independent thinking, and help students to prepare effectively for exams.
- i-Ready - Providing educators with world-class training and support at every step of our journey together is our top priority.
- Izzit.org - Courses offered in business/family & consumer science, health/physical education, mathematics, science & technology, world history/geography, economics, language arts, music/art and U.S. history/government & civics
- Kahoot - We are on a mission to make learning awesome. Our platform makes it easy to create, share and play learning games or trivia quizzes in minutes.
- Kami - PDF & document annotation app for schools. Improve engagement and interaction in the classroom with Kami as your digital pen and paper.
- KET’s PBS Learning Media - SDPB and PBS have curated FREE, standards-aligned videos, interactives, lesson plans, and more for teachers like you.
- Khan Academy - Offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom.
- Kids Discover Online - With a specialty in science and social studies, our team of talented writers, award-winning designers and illustrators, and subject-experts from leading institutions is committed to a single mission: to get children excited about reading and learning.
- Kognity - We have adapted the traditional textbook to digitally consumable text with video examples, 3D models and practice tests to make the content more interactive and engaging.
- LabsLand - Connects schools and universities with real laboratories available somewhere else on the Internet.
- Learning Apps - LearningApps.org is a Web 2.0 application, to support learning and teaching processes with small interactive modules. Those modules can be used directly in learning materials, but also for self studying.
- ListenWise - We harness the power of listening to advance literacy and learning in all students. Our collection of podcasts and public radio keeps teaching connected to the real world and builds student listening skills at the same time.
- Manga High - Game-Based Learning sites, where students learn Mathematics via purpose-built casual games that balance fun and learning.
- Microsoft Education - Driving student engagement and focused learning while outside of the classroom can be a challenge, especially for those that are moving to distance learning for the first time. Microsoft can help.
- Minecraft: Education Edition - Spatial thinking and pixel art in Minecraft create an excellent opportunity for students to work on mathematics and visual arts objectives in an engaging environment.
- MobyMax - MobyMax helps struggling learners quickly catch up to grade level and closes learning gaps for all your students
- Mozi - Research-supported platform that helps instructors create writing prompts across the curriculum with a matching interface for students to construct their essays.
- MusicFirst - Founded with one mission: to offer music teachers and their students easy-to-use, affordable, cloud-based solutions that enable music learning, creation, assessment, sharing, and exploration on any device, at any time, anywhere.
- Mystery Science - we help kids stay curious by creating better explanations
- NearPod - empowers educators to create learning experiences that engage and inspire millions of students around the world.
- Newsela - Committed to bringing authentic, engaging, diverse and accessible content to all learners.
- Outschool - Spark your child’s curiosity with access to 10,000 small group video chat classes—created and taught by inspiring teachers.
- Otus - Gives students, teachers, school leaders, and families the tools and insight necessary to create a culture of success while maximizing learning.
- Packback - Our purpose is to awaken an fuel the lifelong curiosity in every student.
- Parlay - Puts your students and their unique perspectives at the heart of learning, and gives you the data that you need to help them grow.
- Pear Deck - We help teachers deliver powerful learning moments to every student every day.
- PebbleGo by Capstone - A curricular content hub specifically designed for K-3 students.
- PenPal - Standards-aligned lessons help students develop essential skills.
- Prodigy - Curriculum-aligned math content is designed by trained, certified educators -- because high-quality educational content ensures a high-quality learning experience.
- Pronto - Communication hub that connects people via chat and video so that they can work effectively from anywhere.
- Rockalingua - Make learning Spanish fun and easy for kids around the world. Provides teachers with quality teaching materials to use in their classrooms
- ScienceWerkz - digital publishing company offering 5 free titles to teachers & students
- Schoology - For instructors, students, parents, and advisers who want to improve learning at the classroom level.
- ScreensCastify - Designed from the ground up to be the safest, simplest video creation tool for teachers and students.
- Seesaw - Helps educators engage all learners, transform family engagement, and save time.
- Seterra Geography - Become a geography expert and have fun at the same time! Seterra is an entertaining and educational geography game that gives you access to over 300 customizable quizzes.
- Scholastic - Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing.
- Shmoop - Test prep, essay help and study guides.
- Sight Reading Suite - Makes practicing the important skill of sight reading easy, effective and fun!
- SmartMusic - Web-based suite of music education tools that support efficient practice, helping musicians to develop and grow.
- Stemscopes - Provides comprehensive digital resources, supplemental print materials, and hands-on exploration kits that drive engagement and academic growth.
- StoryBoard - Our mission is to provide simple and clever visual tools for people of all ages around the world, focusing on the Four C’s (Critical Thinking, Creativity, Communication, and Collaboration).
- Tailor-ED - Designed to empower teachers to reach each student - no matter whether you have a 1:1 device program or a single overhead projector.
- Tes Blendspace - interactive lessons, projects, presentations and more
- Twinkl - Teacher-created resources provide entire schemes of work, lesson planning and assessments right through to online educational games, augmented reality and so much more.
- Typing Club - Learn Touch Typing for free.
- Vidcode - Join thousands of districts already learning to code through amazing creative projects! Courses are student-led and allow non-technical teachers to step into the role of facilitator.
- ViewSonic - Providing innovative visual solutions for work, play, and learning
- Voces Digital - Offers complete, digital curricula for Spanish, French, and ESL teachers using traditional and comprehensible teaching methods.
- Vroom - Provides science-based tips and tools to inspire families to turn shared, everyday moments into Brain Building Moments®.
- Wakelete - Educators, students, sportspeople, bloggers, researchers, travelers, journalists, librarians, photographers, organizations and individuals are all using the platform to curate content from across the web, gather research, create digital portfolios, tell digital stories, distribute newsletters, and more.
- We Video - Empowers every learner to discover their voice and make an impact in their world.
- Zearn - Hands-on instruction. Immersive digital learning. All top-rated. All in one place. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Resources provided by the South Dakota State Library:
Elementary, Middle, HS
|Miss Humblebee’s Academy|
|World Book Dramatic Learning||World Book Early Learning|
|World Book Kids||World Book Student|
Elementary & Middle School
Middle & High School
Additional Sites, not all have been vetted by Librarians:
Entertaining games that teach math & reading skills.
Simple games, music & stories.
Games & videos based on PBS’s award-winning shows.
Games, videos, math, reading and more.
Learn the alphabet and begin reading.
Reviews and age recommendations for books, movies, video games & apps.
Day by Day VA
Free screening tools, links, resources and activities.
Free, evidence-based information about reading.
Literacy resources which include activities and parent resource materials.
Early childhood development resources for parents & caregivers.