City Wide Clean-Up Starting Monday June 1, 2020 through Friday June 5, 2020
The City of Watertown will sponsor the Annual City Wide Clean-up starting Monday June 1, 2020 through Friday June 5, 2020.
Place your items on your boulevard on Saturday May 30 or Sunday May 31 to ensure they are collected during Clean-up Week. The City will not return to an area once it is completed. Items should not be set out prior to Saturday May 30 (Residents placing items at the curb prior to May 30 may be subject to a ticket).
Only the following items will be collected at the curb. Please sort into three separate piles:
1. Recycling pile: washers/dryers, stoves/ranges, dishwashers, hot water heaters, furnaces, bikes, lawn mowers, tillers, snow blowers, microwaves, exercise equipment, grills, water softeners, refrigerators & freezers (doors removed), and air conditioners. Do not remove Freon. The Watertown Regional Landfill will remove all Freon.
2. Garbage pile: carpet, furniture and mattresses (only).
3. Electronic Waste: place your E-Waste in a separate pile (computer monitors, laptops, printers, VCR’s, scanners, keyboards, fax machines, copy machines, TV’s, and video game systems.
Items not accepted:
Building material, glass, remodeling or construction rubble, concrete, motor oil, batteries, trees, liquids and/or petroleum products, tires, cardboard, Styrofoam, clothing, shoes, books, magazines, yard waste, wood, branches or any hazardous wastes. Small items that fit in the blue garbage containers should be placed in the blue container, not on the boulevard.
Information about the City Wide Clean-up can be found on the Watertown website www.watertownsd.us.
The City of Watertown is working to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Therefore, at this time, to protect the safety of the community and City staff, all public City buildings are closed. City staff will continue to work, while following CDC guidelines, to provide services.
Building Services & Engineering permits will be provided electronically.
Watertown Municipal Utilities drive up window is open.
Watertown Landfill is open to commercial haulers and the general public.
Garbage Collectons will continue as normal.
Building Permits, Engineering Permits, Planning & Zoning Services
Permits provided by the City of Watertown are available online and can be submitted by email.
- Grading Permits
- Floodplain Development Permits
- Street Approach Curb & Gutter and Sidewalk Permits
- Street Cut for Private Utilities Permits
- Storage of Building Material in Street Permits
Planning & Zoning Services: Development applications can be completed and emailed to Brandi Hanten. For any questions, call Brandi at (605) 753-3528. These applications include: Annexations, Zoning, Rezone, Vacations, Plats, Concept Plats, Preliminary Plans, Construction Plans, etc. These applications will be emailed to the applicant, where instructions and questions can occur telephonically, with all required submittals coordinated via email, mail or hand delivery if appropriate and necessary.