Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
CO2 detector alerted home owners of elevated levels in the early morning hours.
WFR was called to 46237 US HWY 212 on Jan 14th, 2016 at 02:06 AM for a Carbon Monoxide detector that had been sounding for over two hours. Occupants had replaced the batteries with no change.
Upon arrival, WFR fire fighters 4 gas monitor began to sound. Levels of CO2 read at the highest at 85 in the basement and 50's averaging on the main level. A wood burning stove in basement was found to have the damper closed and the glass on front of the wood burner had cracked. The owner states that it cracked two days ago.
Upon going outside crew members found no snow on roof or around vents, pipe venting from basement was cold with no smoke coming from chimney top. Crew members opened the damper on the wood burner, rechecked the piping outside and found the exhaust to be venting outside and advised home owner to open windows to air out basement and have the glass fixed.
The owners did not complain of being sick, having a headache or any other signs of CO2 poisoning.