Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
at 18 7th St NE.
Upon arrival the fire was extinguished by residents and the smoke was being ventilated. Using a thermal imaging camera, firefighters verified there was no fire extension or hidden fire that would continue to cause problems. The fire had melted a couple of ceiling tiles above the stove and burned / melted the range hood, but there was nothing else damaged.
WFR wants to encourage the public to call 911 in the event of a residential fire, regardless of its location, because many times electrical wires can conduct heat and cause fire extension behind walls and remain undetected until a much bigger problem develops.