Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
WFR responded to a house fire early Thursday morning in SW Watertown, at 814 3rd Ave SW. The home was occupied at the time of the fire and the occupants were able to extinguish it prior to WFR arrival. The fire started in the kitchen, in the general vicinity of the toaster. It then spread to the counter top and kitchen cupboards. Damage was held to that room and the contents of it. There were no injuries to report. WFR used a thermal camera to make sure the fire hadn't spread to any other part of the home. WFR would like to thank the Watertown Police Department for their part in making sure the homeowners were safe. SAFETY TIP.........Always unplug appliances like toasters and pizza ovens when they aren't being used. These particular appliances easily reach temperatures over 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Keep your homes fire safe, including having working smoke alarms and fire extinguishers handy.