News Flash

Fire Department

Posted on: November 11, 2019

WFR responds, to broken gas line starts kitchen fire

banner-fd

On November 11th at 8:50 pm WFR responded to structure fire at 1702 14th Ave SE. Fire was the result of a broken gas pipe connecting a kitchen stove to the homes natural gas service. Before WFR arrival the quick thinking home owner shut off gas supply and extinguished fire with a home fire extinguisher minimal damage resulted. Upon arrival WFR crews overhauled the involved area and set up a portable ventilation fan to exchange air in the home. The fire may have been prevented with use of flexible gas line from the homes gas connection to the appliance, instead of a pipe. Also the addition of a gas shut off valve on the homes appliance connections was needed.      

Additional Info...
Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Fire Department

Apparatus

WFR responds to house fire

Posted on: December 9, 2019
banner-fd

WFR Responds to Motorcycle Accident

Posted on: November 23, 2019
banner-fd

WFR responses to a kitchen full of smoke

Posted on: November 20, 2019
Apparatus

WFR Responds to 3 Vehicle Accident

Posted on: March 20, 2019