While Watertown Regional Library is closed to the public, we will be offering curbside pick-up.
How curbside service works:
1. Visit our catalog at watlib.org. Underneath the items you would like to borrow, click “place hold”.
•You need to sign in to the catalog. If you do not know your password, please call the library at (605) 882-6220.
• If an item says unavailable, it is checked out. You may still place a hold, and you will be placed on a wait list.
2. A staff member will call you when your items are ready for pick-up.
3. When you arrive at the library, please return your current items in the book drop and pull forward to the glass doors on the east side (7th street).
4. Call the library at (605) 882-6220. Please tell us your name and that you are here to pick-up your materials. Please remain in your vehicle.
5. When the staff member comes out, please roll down your window and show us your photo ID. We will then hand you a bag with your materials. Everything will be checked out and ready to go.
If you do not have internet access, the library staff will accept requests over the phone on a limited case- by-case basis. Only call us if you cannot order items online.
When the library re-opens to the public, curbside delivery will end.