Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Watertown Fire Rescue responded to a fire alarm at 201 20th Ave SE, Watertown. A passer by’er reported heavy smoke and flames issuing from the buildings roof or chimney as well as the businesses alarm company also notified 911 at 9:21 A.M. this morning. Units arrive on scene to find a fire had started in paint booth in or near the exhaust system from hot work done during a system upgrade. Damage is estimated to be between $30000 to $50000. Nobody was injured and the damage was confined to the exhaust system.
Here are some good general practices before preforming Hot work
Make sure you are following your hot work procedure. Also consider the following items: