Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
WFR responded to a possible structure fire caused by a close lightning strike during the evening storm yesterday. Upon WFR arrival, homeowner extinguished the small fire using a fire extinguisher. Lightning had struck a small tree in the backyard of the residence and the lightnings current had followed something in the ground until it reached the house and the fire started on the insulation of the natural gas line. The fire then caused the objects around it to start burning until it was extinguished by owner. The gas line was not breached. Municipal utilities was notified and arrived to inspect the gas line. Gas line was determined to be unusable until replaced. Very little damage was done to the structure. WFR ventilated the house before departure.
It would be a good idea to have your gas line inspected by a licensed professional to make sure this can’t happen to you!!!!!!