Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
WFR crews responded to a house fire in the 500 block of 7th St NE Thursday night at approximately 7:30 pm. Upon arrival, crews found the home with a light smoke and extinguishing agent haze inside. The fire had been put out by the home owner prior to fire crews arriving, with an ABC fire extinguisher. Crews spent about 30 minutes on scene ventilating the house and checking for fire extension. The fire started in the oven and was contained to that appliance, with very minimal damage to the kitchen. WFR responded with an engine and an ambulance, and assisted the WPD on scene. There were no injuries. WFR reminds you to have up to date fire extinguishers in your home, and while cooking never leave appliances unattended. If you do have an oven fire you can’t get extinguished quickly, close the oven door and call 911.