Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
At 1015pm Monday evening WFR was dispatched to a duplex on the 200 block of 2nd Ave SE for a CO alarm going off. Upon arrival firefighters entered the residence with a multi gas monitor and found elevated readings of carbon monoxide(CO). Further investigation found a faulty furnace, Flames were coming out of the bottom of the furnace. The flames were extinguished by turning off the gas to the appliance. Watertown Municipal Utilities was notified and responded to the home. The CO levels immediately began to normalize. The furnace was tagged by utilities and will need further repair by a technician. The occupants were assisted by Citi-wide Properties in finding arrangements for the evening.
Watertown Fire Rescue would like to remind everyone to have their furnace checked as winter temps turn colder.