News Flash

Fire Department

Posted on: November 20, 2019

WFR responses to a kitchen full of smoke


On 11/20/19 at 10:21 pm WFR units were dispatched to 1511 3rd Ave SW in Watertown for a house full of smoke after cooking. Units arrive on scene and met residents that evacuated the house after oven problems filled the kitchen with smoke. WFR crews found that the ovens self-cleaning feature had inadvertently been activated after the oven was used for cooking a meal. The smoke surprised the residents and they called 911 and left the home. Crews checked the oven for problems and ventilated the smoke from the home. Residents returned to there home. Reader Digest offers some helpful holiday tips for bakers this season. article-  "Nine things to know before you self clean your oven" by Laura Richards    

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Fire Department