Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Watertown Fire Rescue was called to a general fire alarm at 3516 9th Ave SW, on Tuesday May 3rd, 2022, just after 4pm. On arrival crews met with the business employees who state that they have a couple electric breakers that keep tripping and some lights not working. On initial inspection crews found an odor of smoke in the shop attic and offices. Crews accessed the attic space to find light smoke, indicating a smoldering fire. After investigating the attic space crews found a smolder insulation fire, above a radiant heater that had malfunctioned earlier in the day, according to employees. Due to the location of the smoldering insulation, crews cut the metal ceiling in the area of the fire and removed all the smoldering insulation. The fire was contained the area of origin and turned back over to the owners for repairs. WFR crews were on scene for approximately 1 1/2 hours.